Little Holey Vengeance Pedal Board – Build Phase 3D

Phase 3D Update

I’ve decided to break Phase 3 of the Little Holey Vengeance pedal board build into subsections. I’ll be posting mini-updates over the next couple of weeks since the finishing process can take so long.

This is Phase 3D.

I got a fair bit done tonight on the pedal board. I finished up the lettering and the bullet holes on the shelf first so the paint could be drying while I worked on other things.

Lettering and paint done

Lettering and paint done

Next I installed all the feet on the bottom of the board to space it off of the floor.

Spacing the feet

Spacing the feet

The feet I got at Home Depot

The feet I got at Home Depot

All feet installed

All feet installed

I used a dozen feet so it feels nice and stable.

Next I went ahead and mounted the legs to the board so I could start roughing in the channel strip.

Legs mounted

Legs mounted

Rough-in of the channel strip

Rough-in of the channel strip

Here are a few shots of the channel strip itself. It’s at a fairly rough stage right now. I’m trying to decide how best to lay it out and mount it.

Channel strip

Channel strip

Channel strip

Channel strip

The purpose of the channel strip is to allow for quick connection of the board to the amp and effects loop on the amp. I’m basically going to have four sets of 1/4″ jacks on each end of the strip that will interface the board to the amp. One set will be for the pedals that go in front of the amp. The other set will be for the pedals that go in an effects loop, which I intend to have mostly on the top shelf. I’m also contemplating adding a switch or just using a patch cable to jumper the two circuits so all the pedals can run together in front of the amp. This is for convenience in case the amp being used doesn’t have an effects loop.

Here is a shot of what the board will look like when it’s all put together.

Mock-up of the finished board

Mock-up of the finished board

For the most part, the board is complete. All I have to do to make it functional is screw the shelf into the legs. The rest of the work now will be focused on the channel strip. I just have to figure out exactly how I want it to work and then get it built and installed on the board. I’m figuring on one more installment in this project to finish it up. I’m hoping to have it done this weekend.

That’s it for this time. Thanks for reading.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s